Tuesday, February 3, 2009

triptych

I was brainstorming today, and came up with a few ideas.

I have always been fascinated by pairs of images. I explored that last semester, and think that I can make stronger narratives if I pair photos together. My most recent idea is to make triptychs. One frame would be an object or simple still life, the next frame would be an image of me at the time of the event, probably heavily manipulated or abstracted, and the third frame would be a landscape or urban image that represented the location or feeling of the time. I'll try to make a visual in the next few days so you can get better idea of what I'm going for.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i like this idea!...
show us a preview?

Wyatt said...

Sounds like a brilliant plan- You digging a wood base on hinges like triptychs of the renaissance; or something a little more modern, but still triptych by definition? Yum. I can see you going a lot of directions with this =]