Tuesday, September 16, 2008

a better day




I accomplished 2 things today.
I finally succeeded in finding a suitable combination of paper ink and pressure for my block print. I also managed to work on a painting without getting frustrated. Both of which are important steps in creating better artwork.
I also attended scientist/comic book artist jay hosler's http://www.jayhosler.com/cartoonist.html
lecture. He did not talk about his art, it was more an explanation as to why graphic textbooks are a benefit to elementary and middle school teaching. He emphasized that the number of kids who are interested in science is dropping, and that picture style learning is helping to bring back interest.

3 comments:

spoonful of sugar said...

VERY nice photos. are these all from the fair?

i love the colors in the 2nd photo. really interesting composition.

Gwyn said...

I am in love with the second photo.

i will have its love child

Gwyn said...

ps... when are you going to go shooting? and i mean photographically not hunting or anything.