Saturday, May 1, 2010

Senior Show III






Here are some images of my installation that Vern took. I'll be taking the strobes to the gallery, so I can get some truer looking images, but these work for now.

Left to right: Toads, Discovery, Impressions, Adventure.


In my work, animals represent seasons of life. By pairing imagery from personal experiences with animals I have encountered, I am creating a self-portrait.
Maps aid us in moving forward, but are also a tool for re-tracing our past. I have constructed a map of the city of Ashland, continuing the idea of the self-portrait.
Using printmaking as my medium of choice, I am able to create multiple impressions and variations from one single plate. This idea is similar to that of making discoveries in life. One realization can lead to endless applications.
My images: Impressions, Discovery, Adventure, and Toads, are about basing new adventure on past discovery. I intend to engage the viewers with small details, and encourage them to draw connections to their own lives.

No comments: